Occupational safety and health policy
In terms of occupational safety, JSC “Uralelektromed” pursues the fundamental goal of providing safe working conditions and preventing accidents in production facilities. For this purpose, management and personnel undertake:
- to follow legal and other occupational safety and health requirements;
- to upgrade processes, to implement new equipment and advanced technologies;
- to assess, to constantly control and to manage hazards and risks in the workplace;
- to implement measures intended to improve working conditions, and to prevent injuries, occupational diseases and emergencies;
- to grow professionally and to raise their level of expertise in this field.
The Company’s occupational safety-related performance is constantly improved by an efficient operation of Occupational Safety and Health Management System, complying with the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007. The system was certified in 2005 and covers all of the Company's plants and branches.
JSC “Uralelektromed has a three-stage occupational safety and health monitoring system.
The Company’s personnel are provided with sophisticated personal protective equipment, washing agents and detergents. JSC “Uralelektromed” annually invests from 70 to 90mln.rub in this activity.